Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Review: Where Hearts Are Free


“Where Hearts Are Free” is the third novel in the Darkness to Light series by Golden Keyes Parsons. This novel is set in 1681 and follows the blossoming love between Bridget and her family’s indentured servant and stable hand, Phillipe. Phillipe’s family is part of the French Royalty that was forced to leave France because of religious prosecution. He and his brother were forced into servitude after losing their wealth on the passage from France. Bridget and Phillipe’s courtship is forbidden by both of their parents and soon Bridget is promised to an older bachelor, with a dark secret.
The book was a nice romance read, it held my interest and kept me hoping that Bridget and Phillipe would finally get their happy ended. They faced many obstacles, hardships, horrible circumstances and trials on their way back to each other. My favorite part of the book, is that is has a Christian basis, and the characters were people of faith, trusting in God to help them find their way. So many times romances put everything on luck or fate when the main characters have a happy ending, I liked that this book acknowledges God.
I would recommend this book to any romance fan.

(Thank you to Thomas Nelson for providing me a copy of this book to read and review. I'm a member of Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze program.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review. I'm honored that the book blessed you!

    ReplyDelete